Friday, February 6, 2015

Another full week…..

Lots of pictures this week….and YES, I am a day early!  Usually, I post on Saturday, but I have a full day tomorrow, so thought I'd do it today.  Hope that doesn't confuse you too much.  lol

First off we have (again) Lady #76….Barbara, the tea party lady, with a great photo of herself and her fabric portrait.  I LOVE it when my ladies take a picture with themselves!!  I smile for a week!!  Thank you so very much, Barbara!!  I LOVE it!  You both look marvelous!!!


And next, let me introduce you to Lady #75, Marilyn.  One of my former ladies, Robin, commissioned me to do her friend, Marilyn, as a gift.  Apparently, Robin hung the portrait in Marilyn's house so she saw it when she got home from being out of town.  How fun!  Love yourself, Marilyn, and enjoy your great gift from your BFF, Robin.


And here is the "real" Marilyn from the USA:


Next, I have to show you the swap quilt(s) I got from my partner.  Remember me telling you that I was in that swap?  Well, Pattiann out did herself.  Note the 4 Tobys!  Each of the quilts is 9x9 and she wanted to show them like Andy Warhol art!  Amazing!  Each quilt was made from 50 pieces of fused fabrics and must have taken her FOREVER!!  She made up the pattern from a photo that I had posted of Toby some time ago, (see below).  WOW!



Then, naturally, we have the envelopes I sent out this week to my girlies:






I have been reading too…..in fact, I have at least 4 new releases here that are from the library (after being on hold) that all came in at once yesterday (don't you hate when that happens???) so I have been reading like a mad woman!!  More about the books next time!  I think I'm up to 59 books I want to read on my Goodreads list now.  Yikes!

So, you all take care and enjoy your weekend and next week.  I'll be back on Valentine's Day (if not sooner).  Love ya!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your Toby quilts are beautiful!

Mary said...

I love seeing the Ladies Holding thier quilts too. Great likenesses. Cute Swap quilts you got in return. I wonder how you find time to Read? I am spending way too much time just stacking the books up that are coming out right now. I don't go to the Library. I have some on my Kindle that are waitng for a Road Trip.

Createology said...

I absolutely love your quilted Ladies and seeing their photos with the quilts. Such fun you create!!! Toby done in Andy Warhol style is priceless. Wonderful swap partner you had! Always love the fun envelopes. Winter is a wonderful time to read...as long as it isn't by candlelight. Blessings...

Annie said...

Pretty new ladies joining the series! Always fun envelopes. But WOWSERS what a lot of stitching work in all those Toby quilties! Talk about patience! Wonderful work!

kiwikid said...

Lovely to see a lady with herself that you have made!! Love the Toby quilts, that is very clever....of course the envelopes are great too!
Xx

Sharon@LoftyQuilts.com said...

Your Toby Art is Fantastic!!!
Pattiann is really talented!

Karen said...

I love the picture of Barbara dressed up to look like her quilted portrait, Carol! That photo is just priceless and makes me smile just to think of it, too. The quilted Toby artwork is amazing!